Any regular readers of Tanith McGrath’s blog Rough Dreams and Ice Creams, should be familiar with her ‘House Rules’ segment. For those who may not be, let me explain what has caused many-a drool puddles around my laptop screen.
Tanith takes ordinary food and recipes and puts a quirky and delicious spin on them, all accompanied with mouth watering pictures and easy to follow instructions.
One of our favourite recipes is her Anti-Veggie Veggie Burger …
This is one of my favorite types of recipe (yano the burger/ sandwich/ throw everything together and hope for the best kinda recipe) with very little skill involved aside from a bit of balancing and scaffolding to give it a bitta’ structure.
- 1 desert spoon of mayonaisse
- 1 tsp American mustard
- 2 pitta bread
- 2 veggie burgers (mine are Rachel Allen and they are the shiz)
- Semi soft cheese (I have goats cheese but most cheese taste mega)
- 2 slices of salami- (sliced and fried in a pan with no oil)
- 1/2 a cup of garden peas (boiled to death and mushed with a fork-salt and pepper to taste)
- Olives and feta cheese to garnish if that tickles your fancy
Artistic formation of… crispy salami