For anyone who associates the word vegan with ‘clean and healthy eating’ look away now. This cookbook might be animal produce free, but it’s chock a block full of ridiculously delicious cakes full of calories, carbs and JOY. I have yet to make every cake there are so many. From no bake goodies, cookies, loafs and there’s an entire chapter dedicated to the naughtiest cakes around: deep fried goodies! but from what I have made, I’ve found the recipes really easy to follow and adjust to your own tastes, not too ingredient heavy, and generally easy.
My favourite cakes to make are the vegan jaffa cakes. The ingredients cost around €8 euro ( I shopped at Tesco so most of the ingredients were own brand ) But you get so many batches out of them so it’s totally worth it!
100g Self Raising Flour
60g Caster Sugar
100ml Soy Milk
50ml Light Rapeseed Oil ( or other flavourless oil)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
150 g Dark Dairy Free Choc.
50g Dairy Free Margarine
1. Grease a bunt tray and pre heat oven to 180 Degrees.
2. In a bowl mix flour, sugar, the add milk oil and vanilla and mix. This should resemble a batter when it’s mixed properly.
Pour batter into the prepared tray , and bake in oven for 8-10 minutes.
3. Melt chocolate and margarine (try not to eat it all before you use it!!)
4. Pop cakes on wire rack and let them cool. Once they have cooled, and before you take them off the wire rack , spoon a dollop of marmalade into the middle of each cake. Spoon chocolate over the top of each cake and let the excess run through the wire rack. ( I use a baking tin under my wire rack to stop the mess!)
5. Pop in oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes then ENJOY!
I think the next time I’m going to make these I’m going to go for giant sized!
Ms.Cupcake The Naughtiest Vegan Cakes in Town by Melissa Morgan. Available HERE.